Tuesday, January 12, 2010

awww.

this was a portion of an email that I just read. I loved it.

"We are in an age when media puts into our heads the idea that only skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my kids, a good dinner with someone who makes me shiver, and a piece of chocolate with my friends.
With time, we gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.
Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, "Good grief, look how smart I am!" "

That being said (or quoted), I still want to feel in shape enough to play hard with my boys and not get too worn out or tired too quickly. Considering the fact that I have two boys and that jack would love nothing more to be a part of sporting with those two boys I better work on this before they can out run me and such don't you think???
Today jack surprised me by coming home for lunch with me. While we were talking as a family corban said "I wanna play Basketball! and I wanna play Football!" This was not because we asked him, it's just that he likes the idea of playing these sports he sees every now and then. We asked him next if he'd like to play other things like soccer, badminton, and chess and he said he wanted to play all of those too. Now how am I supposed to pick something for him to do as an outlet???

No comments:

The Larsens