Monday, November 30, 2009
ps. thanks to nana and papa for giving corban an early birthday gift (a portable dvd player) so the drive back wasn't as grueling as it could have been :). Many people were worried about our travels sans a portable dvd player.
Monday, November 23, 2009
- my babies. (especially when they ask to snuggle up under a blanket on the couch with me to watch the Brady Bunch)
- my husband. He's the best one ever invented. Cooks, cleans, works, loves me, loves his boys more than anything, and honors his preistood.
- my home. Warm, cozy, plenty of space, and still loves me even when it's not always spotless.
- Crafts that have no purpose other than doing SOMETHING with friends.
- Baking. Favorite ingredients include: Butter, Sugar, Flour, and Cinnamon.
- Snow. Snow. Snow.
- Hot Chocolate.
- Frozen Hot Chocolate. (from DQ, you haven't lived until you've had one)
- sleeping babies.
- laughing babies.
- Being healthy.
- Living so close to so many people that love and care for us.
- the gospel.
- those who sacrifice their time and talents for the well being of others.
- Husbands that take their wives to movies like new moon.
- Fuzzy slippers.
- Blankets. Lots of blankets.
- Being able to do hair when I'd like.
- Pillows-fluffy yet firm is always best.
- Swimming pools
Happy Thanksgiving this week. Enjoy your family, friends old and new. Eat well, Sleep well, Travel Safely.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Moral of the story you ask??? babies are SO expensive. 3 months and Gabe can hopefully drink milk. cross your fingers. Granted, we always buy two cans of formula at a time so we're prepared (lucky habit that was formed before we even had the challenge wouldn't you say?) so that runs us $50 anyway...but really does something that straps on to catch poop have to cost so much??? And don't say washable diapers- I'm not that good of a mother, I refuse to put poop soiled rags into our washing machine. This is why I was not a Pioneer! The washer and I made a deal: I don't put poopy stuff in it- it washes my clothes so I don't have to. I'm sticking to the deal.
To make a short story a little longer: super Saturday is this Saturday. hope it goes well. hope the food is good....and I hope people aren't angry that there aren't any crafts for them to pay for.
Friday, November 13, 2009
I've determined that we definitely NEED to accumulate some healthful food storage recipes like my sweet aunt Liesa Card has outlined in her book I Dare You To Eat It. (http://Idareyoutoeatit.com) Liesa will be coming in february to do an adult activity to teach us more about provident living and food storage.
I realized that we will have to get canning some meats because even though we've been able to pull them out of the freezer this week- if we didn't have power that would be a different story.
On top of that we need to learn the art of planning ahead! That has been my near-downfall this week. If I was taking the boys out to run errands and we'd be out during lunch it wouldn't cross my mind that I needed to make us some sack lunches instead of grabbing something while we were out. There were a few close calls like when we were passing a new mcdonalds that was doing almost everything on their menu for 99 cents...or smelling yummy foods while we were at IKEA getting a high chair for gabe.
Just tell me when this is over so I can go to the store- I miss it. You'd think with all this IN time my house would be cleaner- it's not. It's more messy. Such a pain. Where are the house cleaning fairies?? If you know give me a shout. thanks
Monday, November 9, 2009
Believe me it's not this organized any more but it's still just as full- maybe even more full.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
- We don't have ANY family pictures of all four of us. *edit* we have halloween pictures.
- We NEED a dishwasher like a year ago.
- I shouldn't go after-halloween sale shopping tomorrow morning- but I'm going to anyway.
- My boys are the cutest ever-if not very very crazy.
- Gabe loves Corban with all his heart.
- Corban loves to wrestle Gabe.
- I'm glad I'm not chasing Sam round these days plus my boys, I'm glad that my dad is LOVING having him.
- I love our home.
- I'm grateful corban's potty trained-however many times he has to go at inopportune times.
- I love that we have two working cars.
- I'd love to do more hair than I'm doing, but only by a little more.
- I wish the house cleaning fairy would visit more often. (or at least the mood to clean would strike me more often)
- I wish my vacuum didn't make the house smell like popcorn every time it's used (apparently you shouldn't vacuum up buttery popcorn unless you like that smell every time you vacuum)
- I shouldn't be complaining but it feels nice.
- My days are going to fill up quickly-very shortly.
- I should post halloween party photos :) maybe right now, maybe tomorrow....we'll see.
I think that's about it. phew that feels better. you should try it.
oh ps. let's have faith that whatever needs to happen is happening at the time it should happen and that we can be strong enough for it when it happens.