Wednesday, February 17, 2010

*Caution* Totally mushy gooshy post:

I love valentines. I love giving them. I love getting them. Why can't we pass out valentines as adults??? Have little mail boxes out for that day and pass them out like in grade school? lame. Corban, Jack, and I all made some for corban's primary class by cutting out cards and letting him glue them together- he got a kick out of that. Anyway- I married the most sweet, thoughtful, romantic man on the face of the planet. True story. Yes I'm talking about Jack. He's darling. He made me a GIANT valentine. He took a piece of poster board and folded it, covered it in hearts, wrote a poem on the front, and wrote a sweet letter on the inside. He even bought me an Itunes gift card. Here's what the poem said:
I just wanted to say that you're awesome, you rock,
A nerd might say you're the Kirk to my Spock.
Each day that I'm with you, you make me feel great,
And I think you're the best, Grade A, and first rate.
Your two boys sure love you even though they are crazy,
With those two around, no day can seem lazy!
You're the best mom there is, and an even better wife,
One thing's for sure, I'm glad I've got you for life.
Happy Valentine's Day from me and the two loons,
We hope you enjoy these freaking sweet....
(on the inside) Itunes!

And that's not all folks. He made me Pasta Carrabba for dinner sunday night!!! only like my favorite thing in the entire universe.

And he got this all ready while I was off playing at my aunt Jean's house friday-saturday night because she was having a girl's weekend at her place. What more could you ask for in a husband??? He ENCOURAGES girl time. WITHOUT my boys!!! He had the two sickies all by himself that whole time. no joke. whew. I totally love that guy.

As a side note here's the apron I made at Jean's house. Eat your heart out Martha Stewart.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Aawww... That is totally sweet of Jack. What a thoughtful guy.
I FREAKING LOVE the apron!! I am thinking we need to throw in a mini model shoot when I do Gabe's picts!

Holli said...

What a sweet husband you have! I love your apron! And I agree it is totally lame that we don't pass out valentines as adults. I say next year we get together and make boxes- we'll go all out! :)

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Young People in Love said...

i'm obsessed with that apron!!!

Emily said...

LOVE the apron!!!! And WTG Jack with the Valentine - what a sweetie!

Coricakes said...

The Valentine's poem is super cute!
And so is the apron!

The Larsens